Monthly Archives: March 2009
So I keep telling Chris how much I love food blogs…I have included some of my favorites below…enjoy! All of my friends know how much I enjoy cooking, so I thought why not start taking pictures of my food so here it goes the first round~ I forgot to take pictures throughout the whole dinner making process, but thanks to my husband you get dessert!
Whiskey Apple Crumb Pie
Whiskey Apple Pie Recipe:
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch crust pie (Pillsbury works great)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (keep in fridge till ready to use)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 package instant oatmeal (I use maple/brown sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar,whiskey, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Slice apples thinly and add nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix together with whiskey mixture.
3. In a food processor add 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, flour and oatmeal. Pulse until it forms a small crumb like mixture. (see picture above)
4. Add apples to pie crust and then spread crumb mixture evenly on the top.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling on the edges.
6. Let cool for about 40 minutes or so…cut and serve with vanilla ice cream and whip cream! ENJOY!
The one picture of dinner below:
Some blogs I like to follow:
http://cupcakeblog.com/?page_id=83 (this has great recipes, but the blog has been moved to the below)
Enjoy…I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!
We have been up to quite a bit since the last post. We have just started on Rice Cereal, boy has this been fun. She loves it, it took her a couple times to get the hang of it, but now we hardly have any coming out of the mouth and she takes down all of it…by all of it, I mean a whole 2 T at a time…
Addie was vocal before, but has now taken on a whole new tone…screeching! Not just a nice screech, but a shrill ear piercing screech. IT is crazy that such a little thing can make such a shrill noise!
She is also moving into new clothes which is fun! I hate packing up the other ones, but it is fun to be able to wear new ones. I can’t believe that next week she’ll be 5 months old, it is crazy how fast it goes by…I love every stage and try to soak them up as much as I can!
This weekend it will just be Addie and I as Daddy heads to Whistler for his annual snowmobile trip. We are not looking forward to having him gone for 4 days…yikes…what will I do? I have lots of stuff planned for Addie and I including a girls trip to get our nails done (not her’s, but hopefully I’ll be able to get mine done uninterrupted!)